So what is brand strategy?
It’s getting harder and harder to get valuable attention and a clear brand strategy is essential if you are going to cut through the clutter.
Most companies can articulate their mission, vision and value statements and these can be essential rallying calls to engage your organisation and when combined with a set of goals ..drive execution.
Yet these organisational strategies are not your core business strategy.
Companies need to address fundamental questions that will lead to sound decisions and resource allocation…
1. What business or businesses should you be in?
2. How do you add value to your businesses?
3. Who are the target customers for your businesses?
4. What are your value propositions to those target customers?
5. What capabilities are essential to adding value to your businesses and differentiating their value propositions?
Over the years I’ve had the opportunity over the years to work closely with organisations at various stages of ‘brand life,’ from start-ups to re-launches…always happy to chat.